1 a radioactive transuranic element; discovered by bombarding curium with alpha particles [syn: californium, atomic number 98]
2 the most common congenital disease; the child's lungs and intestines and pancreas become clogged with thick mucus; caused by defect in a single gene; there is no cure [syn: cystic fibrosis, fibrocystic disease of the pancreas, pancreatic fibrosis, mucoviscidosis] adv : compare (used in texts to point the reader to another location in the text) [syn: cf., confer, see, see also]cf. adv : compare (used in texts to point the reader to another location in the text) [syn: cf, confer, see, see also]
- Collaborative Filtering
Cf or CF may stand for:
- cf. is an abbreviation for the Latin word confer, meaning "compare" or "consult"
- CF is an abbreviation for the Latin words coactus feci, meaning "done under coercion." These initials can be written when someone compels you to sign something you don't agree with (either completely or partially), and there is no way out.
- CF can stand for Cited From a particular topic or source.
Science and technology
- Cubic foot, an Imperial / U.S. customary (non-metric) unit of volume
- Californium, a radioactive chemical element
- Cystic fibrosis, a hereditary disease
- Conductivity factor, the level of dissolved salts in a solution.
- Cystic fibrosis
- Cerebrospinal fluid
- Call forwarding, a telecommunication service feature
- Compact Fluorescent, a small style of fluorescent lamp
- Carbon fiber, a strong, lightweight material used in many applications
- Color filter, a way to color light
- ConFlat, a type of vacuum flange
- ColdFusion, a WWW programming language
- CompactFlash, a solid state memory technology
- Core Foundation, a C application programming interface (API) in Mac OS X.
- Compact Framework, as in .NET Compact Framework, a version of the .NET Framework for mobile & embedded devices
- Collaborative filtering, the method of making automatic predictions about the interests of a user by collecting information from many users.
- Coupling Facility, an IBM mainframe feature
- Cross Fusion, in the Mega Man videogame series
- .cf, the Top-Level Domain for Central African Republic
- ATI CrossFire, a method for combining graphic cards
Economics and business
- Cardiff: CF is the United Kingdom post code for the region in southern Wales which is served by the Cardiff. See also postal sorting office and List of postal areas in the United Kingdom.
- Central African Republic, 2-letter ISO country code.
- Republic of the Congo, FIPS Pub 10-4 and obsolete NATO diagram (from Congo français, "French Congo").
- Cantus firmus, in musical compositions
- Captain Falcon, a Nintendo character.
- Captain Flamingo
- Colin Firth, British actor
- Captain Flange, Australian Country music performer
- Celtic Frost, a Swiss heavy metal band
- CHERUB Forums, an internet message board about the CHERUB books by Robert Muchamore.
- Childfree, denotes people who do not have, and do not desire, children. Also known as "childless by choice".
- Companion Of The Order of Fiji, an award of the Order Of Fiji
- Commercial film, a common Asian term for television advertisement.
- Cyber Formula: a Japanese anime series, Future GPX Cyber Formula, and the fictional racing cars in the series.
- Colonel Fitzwilliam, character in Pride and Prejudice
cf in Czech: CF
cf in Danish: CF
cf in German: CF
cf in Spanish: CF
cf in Esperanto: Cf
cf in French: CF
cf in Korean: CF
cf in Italian: CF
cf in Dutch: CF
cf in Japanese: CF
cf in Norwegian: CF
cf in Polish: CF
cf in Portuguese: CF
cf in Kölsch: CF (Watt ėßß datt?)
cf in Slovenian: CF
cf in Finnish: Cf
cf in Chinese: CF